– Do you eat for reasons other than hunger?
– Do you binge eat, or consistently overeat at mealtimes?
– Do you restrict your eating (‘diet’ eating) during the day, then overeat at night or at weekends?
– Do you Yo-Yo Diet?
Emma Murphy MIACP is a qualified and experienced Psychotherapist specialising in Eating Disorders – Anorexia, Binge Eating Disorder and Bulimia, and working with clients to safely and effectively lose weight and keep it off. Emma has worked with clients individually, in groups and online since 2009 in both Dublin and Cork, and has developed this course out of her experience over that time.
Over the 10 weeks, you will have the opportunity to:
– Explore your own relationship with food, and what your Eating Triggers are;
– Develop an understanding of When and Why you eat for reasons other than hunger;
– Learn different, and more effective ways of dealing with stress or difficult relationships;
– Through the use of mindfulness, become aware of, and CHANGE, the ‘Inner Critical’ voice;
– Engage in some Nutritional Rehabilitation – i.e. UN-learning bad habits, rules and beliefs around food and eating.
Numbers for the group are strictly limited to create a safe and confidential environment for participants, and allow everyone to work on changing their relationship with food and their own body image and self-concept, FOREVER.
Time: Monday evenings, 7.30-9.30pm
Venue: Hazelhurst Gallery, Monkstown, Co Cork
Participants: Maximum of 12